Have you signed up for the Summer Series yet?
Sign up and pay in full to go into the draw to win a scenic helicopter ride (for you and 3 other people) from Waiheke Island to Auckland on December 29th! (*Conditions apply - see below)
The 2018 Premium Golf NZ Summer Series tournament is a 5 day 5 course golf tournament series event held in Auckland, New Zealand that celebrates the best of Auckland golf, exciting golf travel, stunning golf scenery, friendship, food, beverages, fun and summer enjoyment.
Watch the video below and then sign up today for the series. Take advantage of the early bird special before September 30th
2018 Tournament Dates & Courses:
Register now using the form below to spend December 27-31 2018 playing great golf with your friends and golf mad family members at five of Auckland's great and fun golf courses!
- Thursday Dec 27 - Gulf Harbour - one of New Zealand's 14 marquee golf courses and venue for the 1998 World Cup of Golf
- Friday Dec 28 - Howick Golf Club - stunning coastal scenery and magnificent views of Rangitoto Island
- Saturday 29 - 9 holes at Waiheke Golf Club (limited to 60 people) followed by Waiheke Island Wine Tour Experience afternoon
- Sunday 30 - Formosa Golf Resort - a Sir Bob Charles designed course that has made many recent upgrades and renovations! A must "let's go back and play again" course!
- Monday 31 - Maungakiekie Golf Club - Auckland's friendliest golf course - and End of Year New Years Party
Find out more about these courses at the bottom of this page.
International Visitors Itinerary:
Combine the Summer Series before or after your New Zealand golf tour. Click here for the International Visitors itinerary or contact us today using the form below to organise your golf travel plans.
Are you keen for free entry to all 5 days? Sign up and pay in full for one of our signature collection New Zealand or International golf tours- such as our 2019 Sunshine Coast tour July 26-August 4th) - and receive automatic free entry to the PGNZ 2018 Summer Series! (*PGNZ Ts and Cs apply, subject to availability).
Play the picturesque Howick Golf course this summer!
Tournament details and prizes:
Limited to 120 players per day and in the interest of faster play, all tournaments are Stableford format with an afternoon 12pm tee off shotgun start. Each course may offer a slightly different experience in terms of club rules, format and offerings.
The prize tables are extensive (approximately $2-3500 per day) with a selection of golf and non-golf related items and in the fun spirit of the series and winners will be selected by random draw. Merit recognition is also given for best stableford (top 3), long drives and closest to the pin.
All participants who play in the event, whether one round or all 5, will receive a Premium Golf NZ tournament series bag of golf goodies, sponsors products and an invitation to the Premium Cup next year April 12th at Gulf Harbour.
- Round 1 at Gulf Harbour Country Club $75 - includes sandwich & fruit or sausage sizzle, green fee, cocktail station on the course, shared wedges with drink (beer/wine) before prizegiving (Shared carts $20)
- Round 2 at Howick Golf Club $65 - includes sandwich & fruit, green fee, carvery dinner with drink (beer/wine) before prizegiving. (Carts very limited at Howick so first in first served - $20 shared carts)
- Round 3 at Waiheke Golf Club $35 for 9 holes & light lunch. (limited carts $30 per person) $135 for 3 vineyard wine tour including dinner (5-630pm) at Mudbrick Vineyard
- Round 4 at Formosa Golf Resort $ 65 - includes sandwich & fruit, green fee, buffet dinner with drink (beer/wine before prizegiving. ($40 shared carts)
- Round 5 at Maungakiekie $55 - includes sandwich & fruit or sausage sizzle, green fee, buffet dinner with drink (beer/wine) plus $20 for End of Year party 6-9pm = 4 alcoholic drinks (beer/wine) and shared nibbles. ($40 shared carts)
* Total 5 day package discount - Sign up for all 5 days and pay by September 30th and pay only $400. (Limited to first 30 people to register - includes the afternoon wine tour on Day 3 and End of Year party on Day 5)
* Due to Round 3 being on a Saturday which is club day we are unable to do 18 holes at Waiheke as their members will be playing in the afternoon.
* Sandwiches and fruit will be available upon arrival on each day except for Day 3. Sausage sizzle will be on Day 1 & Day 5.
* Sign up and pay for all 5 days (golf, wine tour & end of year party) by September 30th and the first 30 participants will receive a $250 golf travel voucher - see sample below - to be used towards any of our New Zealand or International golf tours.
We will be supporting the following charities:
Camp Quality - Camp Quality brings fun, hope and happiness into the lives of children living with cancer – inspiring them to get on with being kids again.
Star Jam - Through music and performance workshops, StarJam reaches many of young New Zealanders living with a disability and provides opportunities for them to explore their talents, gain new skills and build confidence to try new things
- Pay via online banking - ANZ: 06-0241-0289570-00 Code: PGNZSS2018 Ref: Your golf number
- Pay via credit card - 3% surcharge applies. (We will send you an online credit card link)
- All payments must be made to us by December 20th. (If there are places left on the day you may pay at the club on that day)
International payment options available via International bank transfer or online credit card facility (3% surcharge applies) - ask us for more information or read this pdf document here with details on payments to ANZ
Daily & Major Prizes plus Helicopter Ride Sign Up Competition:
Rounds 1,2,4 & 5:
- There will be $2000 worth of prizes daily, golf & non-golf related supplied by the clubs. Prizes for 30 people will be allocated via random draw.
- An additional 10-20 prizes will be supplied by PGNZ Sponsors and partners and these prizes will also be allocated via random draw
- There will also be 12 daily prizes for the following merit prizes - Best Stableford 1,2,3 (Both Mens and Women), Long Drive, NTP & Twos
- There will be sponsors prizes for best stableford, (men & women) long drive and nearest the pin and a $250 PGNZ golf travel voucher for the best dressed!
Premium Golf NZ will be supplying major daily prizes and the FOUR MAJOR TOURNAMENT PRIZES on Day 5: (Nb - these prizes can only be won once
- Day 1 - 2x $500 Premium Golf NZ International Travel Vouchers - each one to be won by random draw
- Day 2- 1x Queenstown golf experience package valued at $500 - 18 holes with shared cart at Jacks Point, Millbrook & Arrowtown - to be won by random draw
- Day 4 - 1x Northland 5 courses golf experience package valued at $750 - 18 holes with shared cart at Kauri Cliffs, Carrington, Kerikeri, Bay of Islands & Waitangi - to be won by random draw
- Day 5 - 4x $1000 Golf Travel vouchers for PGNZ provided travel to Australia - Melbourne or the Sunshine Coast (based on twin share accommodation) to be won by random draw (You must have competed in all five days to be eligible for this prize)
Win a helicopter ride on Day 3 from Mudbrick Winery to Auckland (helipad in Rosedale) and take 3 others with you!
The first 30 people to sign up and pay for at least four days (must include Day 3) by September 30 will go into the draw to win the helicopter ride on Day 3 (Dec 29th) from Mudbrick Vineyard to Auckland. It will be won by one person but you can bring 3 other people along on the trip as well! (They will be your best friends for forever!)
The winner will be announced on Tuesday October 28th at 12pm on the Premium Golf NZ Facebook page and also on the Summer Series Facebook page.
Day 3 Waiheke Golf & Wine Tour Logistics:
The following details are subject to change: Check here regularly for finalised or updated details
- 7.00am ferry from downtown Auckland - see schedule here
- 8.00am arrival into Waiheke and pick up by tour bus, transported to Waiheke Golf Club
- 9-12pm 9 holes at Waiheke Island
- 12-1.30pm showers, lunch and prizegiving. Golf clubs and bags placed into the tour bus luggage compartment
- 1.30-5pm 3 vineyard wine tour including Mudbrick Vineyard
- 5-6.30pm dinner at Mudbrick Winery
- 6.25pm - four people board helicopter and take flight to Auckland
- 6.30pm remaining group board bus and transfer to Waiheke Ferry Terminal and retrieve clubs from bus
- 7.30pm ferry departs for Auckland
- 8.30pm arrival into Auckland
Auckland Transport & Accommodation:
Auckland International Airport is the gateway to New Zealand and all routes to the Summer Series courses are an easy drive along the motorway network or main arterial routes.
Waiheke Island can be accessed via passenger ferry, car ferry or helicopter. Roading on the island is well developed and easy to get around.
Use the map below to see travel distances between the airport and the Auckland isthmus based courses.
PGNZ will also be providing daily van transport at a cost of $40 both ways. Use the form below to indicate your transport needs.
During December, accommodation can be tight but PGNZ is able to arrange rooms in a number of hotels and according to your budget and level of expectation. Below is a small selection of our recommended places of stay. All accommodation arranged by PGNZ includes a complimentary breakfast.
- The Pullman
- The Hilton
- M Social Auckland
- Sudima Airport Hotel
- Airport Gateway Hotel
- Knights Inn Auckland on Greeland (Close to Corn
Campervan/Motorhome Option: Auckland has a number of holiday camp spots where you can base yourself for the five days.
Tournament Series Rules, Regulations and entry Terms and Conditions
Rules & Regulations & Entry Terms and Conditions for the 2018 Premium Golf NZ Summer Series are being finalised and will be announced well in advance of the series and posted here.
COMPLETED TOURNAMENT SERIES
The 2017 Premium Golf NZ Summer Series was a great success and we greatly thank all those passionate and keen golfers who participated in this fun filled and exciting four event tournament, especially those who traveled from outside of Auckland. See the 2017 tournament series poster here. Below are results from the 2017 Summer Series
- 27th December 2017: Howick Golf Club - Stunning coastal views! Final results here
- 28th December 2017: Titirangi Golf Club - New Zealand's only Alister MacKenzie designed golf course. Final results here - Mens and Womens
- 29th December 2017: Akarana Golf Club - Heritage and innercity parklands golfing. Final results here.
- 30th December 2017: Maungakiekie Golf Club - One of New Zealand's friendliest golf clubs. Final results here and Two's competition here.
Over $1200.00 was raised through fundraising activities and donated to Camp Quality.
Thank you to all the clubs for hosting the events and providing four very distinct golfing experiences on the four different days.
The first round was held on Wednesday 27th December at the picturesque Howick Golf Club. See the photos below.
The second round was played on Thursday 28th December at the magnificent and heritage rich Titirangi Golf Club, New Zealand's only Alister MacKenzie designed course. See photos below
The third round was played on Friday 29th December at the beautiful innercity parklands style course of Akarana! See the photos below.
The fourth round was played at Maungakiekie Golf Club, one of New Zealand's friendliest golf clubs. See the photos below.
Secure your place today by registering using the form above and be into win prizes a the Premium Golf NZ 2018 Summer Series
Read more about our stable of host courses below. Depending on annual rotation some courses may or may not participate in the Summer Series!
Howick Golf Club is located in East Auckland and offers superb and dramatic golfing along the peninsula cliff tops, commanding spectacular panoramic views of the Hauraki Gulf islands including Rangitoto, with the North Shore in the distance and a glimpse of the Sky Tower and the Waitemata Harbour.
Howick is a real "hidden gem" in the Auckland golf region and a must play for all visiting golfers.
Titirangi Golf Club is New Zealand's only Alister MacKenzie designed golf club. A walking course, this innercity golfing delight is a must play for all purist golfers. Tradition and heritage blend seamlessly into the serene peaceful course settings.
Complete with its own "Amen corner", Titirangi is a championship golf course that requires thought, skill and determination. Bring your A game or the course will deliver you your B game!
Akarana, just off State Highway 20, is Auckland's perennial golf course achiever, host to numerous New Zealand professional and amateur opens. A warm and welcoming course, steeped in history and peopled by famous names, golfers and characters, Akarana is a vibrant and happening club. One's round here always ends up in the 19th with happy and content conversations and much earned imbibing of New Zealand's finest ales, wines and spirits.
Maungakiekie Golf Club is Auckland's friendliest golf club. One of Auckland's oldest clubs, designed by legendary British designer Charles Alison, the iconic clubhouse full of characters and personalities, grandly overlooks the course and has stunning views westwards towards the Waitakere ranges. Beautifully countoured and fairways and greens nestle themselves under beautiful natives trees and the sounds of birds and wildlife add to a pleasant golfing experience.
Tournament Series Organisers, Sponsors and Partners
"Offering the finest in luxury golf travel"
Premium Golf NZ Summer Series Organiser & Primary Sponsor
Interested in becoming a sponsor or partner - enquire via our contact page or send us an email to discuss further!
FUTURE SUMMER SERIES EVENTS
We will be announcing finalised information on the 2018 Summer Series soon - register your interest above to secure your place.
Played in this series before? Share your stories, annecdotes, testimonials, photos and memories with us. Image Gallery and Social Media. Follow us at #pgnzsummerseries.