Weekend golf travel in New Zealand is desirable for a number of reasons:
- You can choose what weekend you want to start planning your travel for.* Plan well in advance and you can also travel during public holidays or long weekends such as Queens Birthday.
- You can choose to travel to a number of destinations around New Zealand because this country is blessed to have so many wonderful courses. A golf course is never far from luxury accommodation!
- Flights around the country are regular but if not, helicopter or chartered flights can be arranged for you and your playing partner or group.
- You can play on one day and then enjoy the other day experiencing the best of the activities on offer in the region such as winery visits or nature walks.
See our full collection of weekend golf getaways here and contact us to start organising your exciting weekend golf travel.
This weekend we are headed for Tauranga and the Bay of Plenty. A two hour drive southeast of Auckland, or a short helicopter ride, this region is a popular destination known for its fun holiday vibes at Mt Maunganui and the opportunity to relax and rejuvenate.
Arriving late Friday afternoon/early evening and checking into the Tauranga Lodge, a high quality luxury B&B style boutique lodge located in the outskirts of the city, it is time for a beautifully prepared and sumptious meal before relaxing in your suite.
The next morning, after another sumptious gourmet breakfast, it is time for a quick drive into town to tee off at the Tauranga Golf Club, a wonderful 18 hole championship course that will test and delight.
After your round and a quick trip back to the lodge to change and freshen up, it is time to explore and have a delicious meal at one of the many high quality restaurants in the region. Mills Reef Winery is highly recommended.
The next day, you can play a round of golf at either the Mount Maunganui Golf Club or the Omanu Golf Club, both offering enjoyable golfing experiences. Alternatively, you can explore the region in the morning before departing Tauranga and heading for home.
* All PGNZ weekend golf travel packages are subject to availability and change.